From Eleanor Small
- 500 g self-raising flour
- 50 g butter (optional)
- 1-2 dessertspoons sugar or golden syrup
- 2-4 Mars Bars, chopped
- Milk to mix (c. 300 ml)
Oven: Gas 7-8; 200-220°C
- Measure flour into a large bowl and rub in the fat.
- Add sugar and Mars Bar.
- Mix in milk using a palette knife or the handle of a metal spoon (do not use a wooden spoon) until you have an elastic dough that sticks together but not to your fingers.
- Turn onto a floured surface and cut into 12 pieces.
- Place on a floured baking tray and bake on the second shelf from the top for 10-12 minutes.
Serve warm with plenty of butter.